Diflucan (Fluconazole)- Medical Facts You Should Know About This Antibiotic.
Diflucan, commonly referred to as Diflucan is an anti-fungal antibiotic. Diflucan is the brand name and fluconazole is the generic name.
It is used to treat fungal infection of the genital area, blood, bladder, lungs, esophagus, throat and mouth among others. These infections are common in people with weak immune system or who are undergoing cancer treatment or who are suffering from AIDS.
It is always advisable to take Diflucan under medical supervision. It should be taken strictly as prescribed by the doctor since the dosage depends on the type of infection. For example, the dosage for vaginal infections is different from that prescribed for throat infection.
Diflucan should be taken with a glass of water. In case of liquid/syrup, the correct amount should be measured using the dose-measuring cup.
The dose should be continued as prescribed; do not stop the treatment before the whole course is completed. Diflucan tablets need to be stored away from heat and moisture whereas the liquid/syrup needs to be refrigerated.
Precautions To Be Taken
• Consult your doctor prior to taking Diflucan as this is known to interfere with other medications such as blood thinners, antidepressants, medications for cancer, cholesterol, diabetes, seizures etc. In such cases, there might be unpleasant side effects.
• Ensure that you know what diet you should follow with the medication.
• Medications prescribed for conditions related to liver, kidney, heart disorders may cause side effects if taken with Diflucan.
• Pregnant women should take the medicine only if approved by the doctor.
• Diflucan may be harmful for the baby when breastfed since it passes directly into the breast milk. Hence, women who are breastfeeding should not take this medication without consulting a doctor.
• The Diflucan liquid/syrup should not be used after 2 weeks from opening of the bottle.
• No extra dose should be taken in order to make up for the missed doses.
Some of the side effects that may be experienced while using this medication are as under:
Mild side-effects include:
• difficulty in breathing
• swelling of face
• swelling of lips
• swelling of internal organs like throat or tongue
• stomach ache
• loss of appetite
Severe side effects are:
• nausea and stomach pain
• itching of skin, rash
• urinary disorders like dark urine
• excretory disorders like clay colored stools
Get medical attention immediately if you experience any of the above symptoms.
We only ship medications which are approved by FDA, Also please consult your doctor to make a full decision on what medication to take.